Monday 16 August 2010

Ancestry.co.uk

My father would have been in his element if this website had been around when he was alive. I've found it of immense help and guidance.

Once registered, you can use it as a free service to set up your family tree and access certain free data. A paid subscription comes in three levels and offers you a lot more information and records such as census, certain birth and death records, and telephone directories, plus access to the family trees of other registered users.

Besides your family tree, you can record details for each of your ancestors such as birth, residence, marriage etc, records (e.g. census) and photographs. I keep a file of my research and have printed out the ancestry pages that I've created for each ancestor.

Ancestry sends out regular newsletters with updates and news. Have a look at Ancestry.co.uk for more details.

No comments:

Post a Comment